Sharon is a dual-qualified lawyer, co-founder and Managing Partner of Reilly & Tesoro, Employment Law Firm.
On graduating from Glasgow University, Sharon did her traineeship and post-qualifying experience with Ross Harper & Murphy Solicitors, before becoming a partner at John S. Boyle, Berman & Scullion at the age of 29. On moving to Italy, she went on to work with the top employment law firms in the country, specialising in Italian employment law and industrial relations. Dual-qualified, bilingual and bicultural, Sharon has lived and worked in Italy for 25 years and has acquired a breadth and depth of knowledge of both the economic and legal systems, that is a real value-add for her clients.
Sharon’s practice is internationally focused, acting for global businesses with Italian operations across a wide range of industry sectors. Her workload includes advising on dismissals, restrictive covenants, TUPE transfers, collective redundancies and senior employee terminations, as well as project managing cross-border HR projects, running on-site training and defending foreign companies in Italian litigation.
Sharon is on the Board of the British Chamber of Commerce in Italy and a member of the Executive Committee.
She is a regular speaker at international conferences and seminars and has contributed to a number of publications, including:
- Pensions and Retirement Plans 2013 and 2014, Getting the Deal Through
- Employment and Labour Law 1st Edition 2012, Global Legal Insights
- Labour and Employee Benefits Handbook 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011, PLC
- Employment and Labour Law 2006,2007,2008,2010, European Lawyer Reference Series
- Labour and Employment Law 2009,2010,2011, Getting the Deal Through
- Doing Business Survey 2010, 2011, 2013 The World Bank
- Individual Dismissals Across Europe 2007, Collective Redundancies 2009, Transfers of Undertakings 2009, Non-Compete Clauses 2010, Pan-European Pensions Guide 2011, Ius Laboris International Practice Group Guides
- “I licenziamenti individuali nell’Unione Europea”, Toffoletto e Soci 2007
- University of Glasgow LL.B., Dip. L.P (1983)
- Law Society of Scotland (1985)
- Italian Bar Association (2008)
- IBA – International Bar Association
- ABA – American Bar Association
- EELA – European Employment Lawyers Association
- ELA – Employment Lawyers Association
- IPBA – Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- AGI – Italian Association of Employment Lawyers
- XBHR – Cross Border Human Resources Association
- BBCI – British Chamber of Commerce in Italy
- BCL – Business Club Italia
- Employment Law
- Industrial Relations
- Cross-border projects
- HR training
- Workplace investigations
English and Italian