Chiara is an employment lawyer, Senior Associate at Reilly & Tesoro – Employment Law Firm.
On graduating from the University of Milan with a thesis on the contractual aspects of Project Financing, Chiara worked at leading law firms specialized in Italian employment law and industrial relations.
For over 15 years Chiara has been assisting numerous national and international companies on all the aspects of Italian employment law: ordinary and strategic consultancy, contracts and compliance, establishment, management and termination of the employment relationships, non-compete agreements, stability clauses, applications under articles 4 and 6 of the Italian Workers’ Statute, autonomous employment relationship (contracts and management of the relationship) assistance to top management, TUPE, collective redundancy and reorganisations.
Chiara regularly represents companies before the Employment Tribunals and Courts of Appeal throughout Italy, with particular focus on managing employer litigation. She boasts extensive experience in defending clients against claims for unfair dismissal, differences in job level and demotion, service contracts and joint and several liability, fixed-term contracts and right of precedence.
Chiara has a remarkable track record in a variety of sectors, including: large-scale retailing, fashion & luxury, IT and Insurance.
Chiara regularly attends, and is often a speaker at, congresses, training courses and seminars on employment law in Italy and abroad.
She has both lectured on and contributed to a number of publications, including:
- Lecturer at the HR Specialist Masters of 24ORE Business School (“Individual dismissals”, 2014; “Disciplinary process and individual dismissal”, 2015; “Termination of employment relationship: resignation, mutual termination, termination ad nutum and pursuant to art. 2110 Italian civil code”, 2016; “Duties” 2017);
- Lecturer at the Masters of Specialisation “The management of persons in organizations” of Università Cattolica di Milano (“Termination of the employment relationship”, 2015; “Management of the employment relationship”, 2016).
- Author and co-author of numerous articles and publications on employment law in leading journals in the sector, on among other things: “Still on the subject of supplementary pension and the right to redeem the individual pension”; “News regarding working times and holidays in Italy”; “Applicability of the compensation protection referred to in art. 32, paragraph 5, L. 183/2010 also to temporary work”; Le “Jobs Act du travail autonome et une protection renforcée de l’emploi indépendant” .
- Chiara also collaborated on the editorial of Formulario Commentato del Lavoro Ipsoa (2010, 2012 and 2014).
- University of Milan – J.D. in law (2000)
- Milan Bar Association (2004)
- Diploma of School of Higher Learning – Trade Union Employment Law and Social Security (AGI, Italian Employment Lawyers’ Association) (2006-2008)
- Italian Employment Lawyers’ Association: Master course in “Sports Labour Law” (2019)
- AGI – Italian Association of Employment Lawyers
- EELA – European Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Law
- Industrial Relations
- Agency relationships
- Sports law
Italian, English and French