Managing the employment relationships
- Drafting employment contracts, commercial agency agreements, consultancy contracts and apprenticeship.
- Drafting tailor-made clauses, such as: probationary period, non-compete and non-solicitation of employees, golden parachutes, stability pacts, confidentiality and intellectual property.
- Drafting disciplinary code, company handbook and code of conduct.
- Managing the disciplinary process, imposing sanctions and advising on the rebuttal of any claim for unfair dismissal, both out-of-court, in arbitration and in court.
- Drawing up company policies on remuneration, company and individual objectives, reimbursement of expenses, fringe benefits, incentive plans, stock options, stock grants, profit sharing plans.
- Managing the legal requirements of foreign employees with work permits and temporary workers, whistleblowing, hours bank, holidays, paid and unpaid leave of absence, reduction-in-hours.
- Analysing company productivity and employees’ performance.
- Advising on all types of leave: sickness, maternity, paternity, parental, marriage and time off.
- Temporary transfers, national and international secondment.
- Modifying duties and tasks and any other contractual terms of employment.
- Individual dismissal for justified reason or just cause.
- Day-to-day HR advisory, risk assessment and pay slip simulation.
- Drafting agreements on smart working.
- Creating company welfare programme.
- Monitoring and updating company documentation, agreements and internal procedures to ensure compliance with new legislation in force from time-to-time.
- Drafting Temporary agency worker contracts and managing the relationship between companies and workers.
- Workplace investigations.
Our lawyers have been acting for numerous national and international companies over the years in a variety of sectors, including: insurance, banking, pharmaceutical, IT, luxury retail, rating agencies, recruitment & human resources, real estate and management consulting, in the day-to-day management of the company’s workforce and its industrial relations, as well as extraordinary events and transactions from time-to-time
- Legal advice and assistance in all types of employment litigation before the employment courts country-wide at all levels – from first instance to appeal.
- Assistance in defending trade union litigation for anti-union behaviour in the workplace.
- Drafting, translating and filing defences, service of same in Italy and abroad.
- Advising on litigation strategy, attending hearings and regularly updating client on progress.
- Managing disputes before the local labour inspectorate and arbitration board.
- Advice and assistance around inspections by the health and safety and social security bodies.
- Out-of-court negotiations and mediation.
Recent examples of our work include: successfully defending an American engineering company in a case of alleged unfair dismissal on discriminatory grounds